Irfan Rifai, S.Pd., M.Ed., Ph.DApplied Linguistics, English for Business, Teacher Professional Development
Irfan is the Head of English Department at BINUS University. His study and teaching focus on Teacher Education/ Teacher Professional Development, Pedagogic Theory, Reading and Literacy Instructions, Classroom Talk, Literature / Text-based Discussion, and Language Education. Irfan is a fan of theatrical performances and a former English teacher at Indonesian elementary and high schools. He is a passionate researcher, focusing in the implementation of Arts-based Reading and Literacy Instructions in the teaching of English and Indonesian as a foreign/ second language.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Reading and Literacy, The Ohio State University, United States
- Master of Education, The Flinder’s University, Australia
- Bachelor of English, Universitas Negeri Semarang, Indonesia
- Facilitator of Teacher Professional Development Program
- Translator and Editor of Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ media & communication
- Facilitator and Instructor at retail business and state-owned enterprises